30 June 2017

CHILDWICKBURY ARTS FAIR


Childwickbury Arts Fair, St Albans, is one of the highlights of my summer calendar. Sometimes I exhibit and demonstrate there and even when I don't I go as a visitor.

The fair is in the grounds of Childwickbury, the house that Stanley Kubrick bought in 1978. His widow Christiane and her daughter Katherina are artists and for three days they throw open the stable yard to painters, potters, glass artists, hatmakers, leatherworkers, jam and chutney makers, metalworkers and textile artists. There's music throughout - and in case you forgot your packed lunch, lots to eat and drink.

The Fair opened today, Friday 30th June, and runs to Sunday 2nd July.

Opening hours
Friday 30th June   10am -5pm
Saturday 1st July   10am-6pm
Sunday 2nd July   10am-5pm

Admission
Adults – £8
Seniors – £7
Child (5-15) – £5
Under 5  -FREE

Free parking.


I'm showing my ceramics with the Dacorum and Chiltern Potters Guild. Today we had visits from the local primary schools. The children wanted to have a go making something in clay. We showed them how to make a little pot on the wheel, in noisy, enthusiastic groups of twenty-four. Half an hour with seven year olds is more tiring than a day in the studio. Hats off to the teachers! I was bombarded with unexpected questions, like, "Can you make it into wood?"

Come and have a go!






No comments :