23 October 2017

MAKING DIARY

Photo by Layton Thompson
The tag line on my blog is "I thought, I saw, I went, I made."  I haven't posted for a few days because it's been mainly "I made". This is the busy time for makers and I'm preparing for  Hand Made in Britain, the contemporary craft and design fair at Chelsea Old Town Hall, London, Friday 10 to Sunday 12 November 2017, and I haven't been out of my studio much.


My Berry pattern (above) will be on show, but I'm developing a new range of glazes which I'll be showing for the first time there. The development was halted because the elements in my test kiln failed and had to be replaced - of course, elements always fail at an inconvenient time - and the new glazes have not been perfected yet.


I'll also be showing with the London Potters at Morley College from 21 November to 13 December. I joined them this year and mentioned their AGM in a recent post. One of our members, Jeremy Nichols, has recently been elected chair of the Craft Potters Association, following Richard Phethean, who has just stepped down.


No comments :